[oe] [RFC] update opkg* SRCREV to 201

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Thu Feb 26 19:09:23 UTC 2009

Philip Balister wrote:
> Koen Kooi wrote:
>> On 25-02-09 21:46, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was getting seriously annoyed with the useless error codes opkg was
>>> giving me and Tick pointed me to:
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/opkg/issues/detail?id=6&can=1
>>>
>>> We're at 197 now in OE (with r201 applied as patch). I'd like to get
>>> r199 and r200 in as well, and since I'm lazy I though we'd get r198 in
>>> as well, which means instead of adding a few patches I can just bump up
>>> SRCREV to 201.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Noone is thinking anything?
>
> Well, it looks ok to me, but I am not a follower of opkg.
>
> Hearing no positive comments, does anyone object to pushing this,
> knowing that if Koen is wrong about this working, it messes up our builds?

[I have failed -- I had intended to remain silent on the topic of opkg ;-) ]

I use PREFERRED_VERSION, for a reason -- opkg has numerous issues, few
of which seem to be well-understood much less being worked on, and it
seems that small-memory devices trigger these issues more so than the
larger more common systems.

I will be back-porting these patches for the opkg-nogpg-nocurl recipe,
regardless.

If folks would rather not have the ever-growing set of opkg-nogpg-nocurl
patches clutter up the opkg recipe directory, feel free to instruct me
to move that all to a different directory.

-Mike (mwester)