[oe] How to use libsdl-qpe for opie?

Bernhard Guillon Bernhard.Guillon at opensimpad.org
Fri Feb 27 14:59:32 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,
I am currently trying to support libsdl for opie.
If I set PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libsdl ?= "libsdl-qpe" in my
local.conf I am able to build sdl games and play them on qemuarm.

The info I got so far from IRC was that it has to be set by distribution
or in local.conf.

I tested using games linked against libsdl-x11 with libsdl-qpe and this
did not work.

Options now:

Set PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libsdl ?= "libsdl-qpe"
This is a no go because a new distribution has to be build.

Enable qtopia video in libsdl-x11
Would be an option but it woud be a lot of work to get it working.

Set up a feed for packages linked against libsdl-qpe
Possible but I don't know if this is smart?

Any help is appreciated :)

Best regards
Bernhard Guillon