[oe] RFC: "Virtual" native and sdk recipes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Jan 1 23:19:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 16:25 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> The main problem I currently have before being able to deploy this more
> widely is auto adjustment of DEPENDS. In most cases this consists of
> adding "-native" or "-sdk" to the values already in DEPENDS so we could
> probably add a function to native.bbclass for that. Alternatively or
> additionally, I'm considering having native.bbclass append to OVERRIDES
> so we can override DEPENDS that way instead.

Just to follow up, I added some magic to native.bbclass and sdk.bbclass
which meant things would work for a larger test sample in Poky. This
commit has the details:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=experimental-virtualnative&id=8bc63a922d237b0c2797e231d3b5894bf88e0530

Cheers,

Richard