[oe] Blackfin support

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Jan 9 16:22:43 UTC 2009

On 09-01-09 16:52, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all.  Has anyone built any of the blackfin boards recently?  I'm
> finding things like uClibc 0.9.29+ require -mfdpic which isn't in our
> gcc 4.1.x, is in gcc 4.2.x (but requires a patch to define __FDPIC__
> rather than __BFIN_FDPIC__) and other issues still.  Just seeing if
> anyone else has these things working before I start getting down and
> dirty.  Thanks!

I keep starting anew with blackfin support due to the current problems:

* ADI uses their own 'distro', the rest of the world a custom buildroot
* You need to get gcc from blackfin SVN to get something to compile
* you need to choose either uclibc from blackfin svn or upstream uclibc

When you get to the point of building uclibc, the fun starts, since
uclinux (not uclibc) has no proper shared library support, so you have
to choose an emulation method (fdpic being one of the options).
 From that point on it's downhill, since various parts of uclibc have
fork() in their code, gcc will ICE on other parts, etc.

My latest attempt was:

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/blackfin-toolchain-progress

I still have the board, so if you make some progress I can test it :)

regards,

Koen