[oe] RFC: allow subdir for SRC_URI entries

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Tue Jan 13 13:39:27 UTC 2009

On 13-01-09 14:18, Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I desperately need this patch. ;)
>
> It allows one to specify ";subdir=<DIR>" in SRC_URI entries. Having the
> effect that the respective file is either unpacked or copied into that
> very directory which is treated as:
>
> ${WORKDIR}/<DIR>
>
> It is not really ${WORKDIR} but the cwd when do_unpack is run. In most
> cases this is ${WORKDIR}. If it is something else the recipe writer will
> have a reason for that.
>
> With this patch we can finally deal easily with tarbombs.

I have another use case:

Multiple git:// uris in SRC_URI.

When building ffmpeg from git you need to checkout libswscale from git
as well and move it in ${S}, which breaks since *every* git repo is put
in WORKDIR/git

While speaking about the git fetcher:

foo_2.0+git.bb: git://foo/bar;branch=pm
foo_2.1+git.bb: git://foo/bar;branch=master

That will trigger a russian roulette which branch it's going to fetch or
unpack, you can end up with 2.1+git trying to checkout the pm branch.

regards,

koen