[oe] [RFC] Fix udev pulling in libvolume-id-dev

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 15 06:56:37 UTC 2009

On 15-01-09 07:14, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> libvolume-id-dev does not provide the actual .so library, but it contains a
> symlink in /usr/lib, which points to /lib/libvolume.so.0 (the host one!)
> instead of ../../lib/ one...

That's the intended behaviours, since installing the packages will have
it point to ${libdir}/libvolume.so.0 on your device. I'm not sure if we
want to patch every package to use relative symlinks.

> The first patch attached fixes this in udev and should be a no brainer. Unless
> someone objects, I'll push it in in a day or two.
>
> Since I was debugging the code which actually does this shlib magic in
> package.bbclass, I thought it might be useful to prevent this kind of issues
> in the future by skipping symlinks while looking for SONAME/NEEDED in the
> objdump - please see the second patch attached and provide feedback.

The change to package.bbclass looks OK to me, if that gets applied we
can leave out the udev patch.

regards,

Koen