[oe] [RFC] Overlay hosting and mirroring on git.oe.net

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 15 12:25:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

There are a lot of OE based projects around that use an overlay to
manage their tweaks (e.g. gumstix, openpandora, arago), which has pros
and cons. A while ago I was talking to John Willis (of open2x and
openpandora fame) and he liked the idea of mirroring the pandora overlay
on git.oe.net to make it more visible and to make it easier for OE
developers to work on making pieces of it upstream safe.
I think a git mirror of poky would fall in this category as well.

What do you think of this?

regards,

Koen