[oe] ARM bootloaders (Zaurus) and CMDLINE

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:44:19 UTC 2009

An old bootlog illustrating our purposes is there:
http://de.pastebin.ca/1309948

As you see, u-boot passes the customized mtdparts via cmdline (not
sure about ATAGs) and the 2.6.26-kexecboot-kernel finds these and does
NOT default to the standard partitioning hardcoded in the sources.

The code in the initramfs parses then /proc/cmdline and passes the
right arguments to the kexecbooted kernel.

We want to achieve this without u-boot...

TIA

Andrea