[oe] ARM bootloaders (Zaurus) and CMDLINE

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Fri Jan 16 16:00:27 UTC 2009

Andrea Adami wrote:

> For reference I'll post the disassembled bootloader as found in this post:
>
> http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3361&hl=only+root
>
> This was back in 2004...preparatory work for the extended updater
> capable to resize nand (sources in survive / fsro_resize.c).

Thanks for the reference.

> So, writing a new partition schema is possible...the problem is read
> it with 2.6.2x kernels!

My previous mail contains a patch porting nandlogical to kernel 2.6
userspace. Porting to kernel space may require some work.

Kernel 2.4 used a trick - user space utility called writerominfo read
some of these values and sent them to kernel.

Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus