[oe] [beagleboard] Re: Beagle actions for Rev C validation software image

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Tue Jan 27 18:19:36 UTC 2009

Adding oe-dev mailing list...

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Dmytriyenko, Denys <denys at ti.com> wrote:

>>> It's a bit sad that we're going to miss out on NEON and vo_omapfb by
>>> going armv5te :(
>
>> Koen,
>
>> I am rebuilding 'mplayer' now with 'MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake mplayer', so that concern should go away.  It shouldn't matter much about this mplayer, since it should only be used to test the hardware.
>
>> Can you consider inclusion of:
>
>> mplayer and FFmpeg dependency changes:
>> http://www.beagleboard.org/gitweb/?p=arago-oe.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=0b53219005c8daa95bcff40742d7c807bda17eca
>
> Hmm, I like these curl-inspired *_FEATURES handlers. The only problem with those is they won't trigger automatic rebuild when the featureset in the variable changes - don't forget to run bitbake -c rebuild manually...

Can I get a few comments on [1]?  I found there is also a dependency
in libtheora on x11 that doesn't seem necessary.  I find this very
useful to avoid making a new recipe.  Anyone have ideas to address
Denys' concern about needing to issue 'bitbake -c rebuild'?

[1] http://www.beagleboard.org/gitweb/?p=arago-oe.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=0b53219005c8daa95bcff40742d7c807bda17eca