[oe] samba-3.2.5 missing

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Sat Jan 31 07:17:12 UTC 2009

Looks like the recipe for samba-3.2.5 is missing.

It got renamed very recently to samba-3.2.7 -- which is a bit of a sore
point to begin with, as some people may have set a PREFERRED_VERSION
which would now break.

But it's much much worse -- the new samba-3.2.7 doesn't just update
3.2.5, it enables krb and ads support.  Marvelous, I'm sure -- but what
if I don't have space for all those libraries and all?

Not to mention that krb won't build, so now samba won't build either.

I'm going to re-create samba-3.2.5 as best as I can (it's way late,
maybe I'll screw it up and nobody's builds will work, who knows?), and
set the default preference for 3.2.7 to -1.  That really should have the
krb stuff backed out, and a "samba-krb_3.2.7" recipe created, IMO.

regards,
Mike (mwester)