[oe] [GLibc]Version 2.8 and timerfd_* syscalls

Jean-Michel Hautbois jhautbois at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:19:18 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am currently using openembedded and a DISTRO angstrom.
I wish to use the timerfd_create() syscall and this is only usable
with a GLibC >= 2.8, AFAIK.

When I modify my local.conf file, specifying:
PREFERRED_VERSION_glibc                 ?= "2.8"
PREFERRED_VERSION_glibc-initial         ?= "2.8"

I have these messages:

NOTE: preferred version 2.8 of glibc not available (for item virtual/libc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.8 of glibc not available (for item libsegfault)
NOTE: preferred version 2.8 of glibc not available (for item glibc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.8 of glibc not available (for item
virtual/i586-angstrom-linux-libc-for-gcc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.8 of glibc-initial not available (for item
virtual/i586-angstrom-linux-libc-initial)

And it is downloading and generating a GLibC 2.7.
And this GLib doesn't offer me what I am lloking for... :-).

How can I upgrade for using a 2.8 ?
Is there any way to be able to use these timerfd_* syscalls ?

Thanks in advance !

--
Best Regards.
JM