[oe] Using git tags with OE

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 17:01:57 UTC 2009

Hello,
anybody knows if is possible to use git tags with OE ?

I'd like to tag a patch (SHA-1) identifying a particular 'state of the
art' like it was a 'stable' version.
At the moment I save the last patch SHA-1 and I use it as reference.
For example if I successfully build just now a particular version, then
I tag it mck-0.0.1 into OE so everybody can refer to such tag in the future.

I thought it could be a good idea, what do you think?

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering