[oe] Mount root file system via NFS with usb-eth adapter

Piero Pezzin piero.pezzin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:55:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,

with the Beagleboard, I tried mounting the root file system via NFS using a
usb-ethernet adapter. But there is a little problem because the ethernet
interface is configured before the usb-ethernet is discovered and the mount
fails.

So I edited the net/ipv4/ipconfig.c file modifying the #define CONF_PRE_OPEN
increasing it from 500 to 2500.

Once rebuilt the kernel, everything work perfectly.

I think this is just a workaround, I'll let you find the proper solution.

Regards,

Piero