[oe] [RFC] patch for bluetooth audio.conf

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Wed Jul 15 14:16:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 16:07 +0200, Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:
> to get audio routing for bluetooth headsets correct on OpenMoko phones we need
> the attached patch to bluez.inc which changes audio.conf to enables the
> SCORouting=PCM option.
>
> Is this something that can be done globally? Or will it break on other
> hardware?

It will break on (some) other hardware.  SCORouting is a binary setting:
you can send audio over the HCI, or through a dedicated port (PCM) but
not both.  This change would lose on machines where the PCM interface
isn't connected to anything: in particular that probably means any
machine where the bluetooth hardware is on a usb dongle or CF card.

> If it cannot be done globally, what is the correct way to do that?
> We (SHR distro) could do that with a distro override, but if it has the
> possibility to break other hardware we would not want that ;) We would rather
> add a machine override then. Right now bluez4 is *not* machine dependent and
> the config files are included in the base package. I see two ways to do that:
>
> a) make bluez4 machine dependent and add overrides for om-gta01/2
> b) extract the config files into some bluez4-config package and provide a
> different one for om-gta01/2

Option (a) sounds fairly unattractive.  My first preference would be to
figure this out at runtime (eg by extending blueprobe to do it) rather
than in a static file; if that's impossible or impractical then your
option (b) is probably fine.

p.