[oe] [RFC] Fix native perl so it builds on x64 OpenSuSE 11.1

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Tue Jul 21 17:28:58 UTC 2009

Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> The native perl build  fails on my x64  OpenSuSE 11.1 machine.
> People suggest that disabling ODBM_File will fix this problem.
> It works for me...

Yeah, this looks like it would fix it.

The problem is SuSE 11's gdbm-devel 1.8.3 installs some hacked-up
include file in /usr/include/dbm.h (it's not the one from stock gdbm
1.8.3), and Perl looks there. Meanwhile, gdbm-native 1.8.3 in OE doesn't
stage dbm.h, so even if perl-native looked in the right place, the
module wouldn't build. So both perl-native and gdbm-native need a fix,
or this (afaik unused) module can just be disabled.

Mike