[oe] Blackfin support

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:29:44 UTC 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Friday 09 January 2009 11:22:43 Koen Kooi wrote:
>> On 09-01-09 16:52, Tom Rini wrote:
>> > Hey all.  Has anyone built any of the blackfin boards recently?  I'm
>> > finding things like uClibc 0.9.29+ require -mfdpic which isn't in our
>> > gcc 4.1.x, is in gcc 4.2.x (but requires a patch to define __FDPIC__
>> > rather than __BFIN_FDPIC__) and other issues still.  Just seeing if
>> > anyone else has these things working before I start getting down and
>> > dirty.
>
> the FDPIC change is already in mainline gcc and has been for a while
>
>> I keep starting anew with blackfin support due to the current problems:
>
> let's fix this wrong info shall we ...

I've started preparing update for bfin in OE. However I'm currently a bit stuck
due to the lack of time. I've pushed parts of it to the shared/blackfin branch.

Anybody is free to update/comment/fix, etc.

One of the problems I'm still facing is the lack of real fork() (i.e. not the
one from uClibc STUBS).

--
With best wishes
Dmitry