[oe] getting bitbake-1.8.12 for the org.openembedded.dev branch?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Mon Jul 27 05:43:12 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009 23:43:09 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 July 2009 15:01:20 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   for consistency, either bitbake should be included in an OE
> > > checkout, or it shouldn't.  it shouldn't depend on which branch
> > > you're working with.  that way lies confusion.
> >
> > In which way do you see breakage? bin/bitbake is gone when you
> > switch from stable to dev? So you executed the host bitbake (which
> > you said was bitbake 1.8.10). What error happened?
>
>   it was temporary breakage since, when i switched to the dev branch,
> the invocation of bitbake reverted to the fedora-installed package,
> which was 1.8.10, which was rejected as being too old for the dev
> branch.  it just took a few seconds to realize what had happened.

Looking at this. First of all the answers were not as friendly as they should
have been. Second, I think you have a point that there is a inconsistency with
stable and dev.

Personally I'm not using stable so I have no idea.

Marcin, Koen. Do you switch from dev to stable? How do you do that? Do you
have two complete build trees for stable/dev?

holger