[oe] libtool/libltdl problem

Leandro Q. Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Fri Jul 31 10:55:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

    I am trying to compile opie-image from a newly fetched sources from openembedded. But I hit this stumbling block that prevented me to make any progress for the whole day. My openembedded environment already built the libtool 2.2.4-r16 based on the dependency requirements of the opie-image receipe. But when the build process reached pulseaudio 0.9.15-r8.4, the process stopped with an error about liltdl not being found. searched through the directory and I confirmed that all the install and devel files are in the staging/../user/lib folder. Searched through the net and all the hits point that libtool 2.2 is required for this pulseaudio version. But all the files are there. Can anybody help me through this?

exact message:
checking for lt_dladvise_init in -lltdl... no
configure: error: Unable to find libltdl
FATAL: oe_runconf failed

Thanks and best regards,
Andy