[oe] bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

Chuck Kamas ckamas at finesse.com
Mon Jun 1 20:41:24 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded from using the Angstrom distribution to the
minimal and now micro distribution.  One thing that now fails in both of
these distros is:

bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

They both now complain that it can not open a display.  I have traced
this to the fact that DISPLAY is not set to 0.0 in either the minimal or
the micro distributions.  The only place I can find display set in the
recopies is in xqtlauncher and startxqt.  So how do I set up an export
DISPLAY=0.0 such that menuconfig gets it?

Also I noticed that the patch files are being applied before menuconfig
in Angstrom but not in minimal and micro.  How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Chuck