[oe] bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Tue Jun 2 07:54:23 UTC 2009

On 02-06-09 07:18, Chuck Kamas wrote:
> :-)
>
> But there is too much bloat in angstrom.  I need a lean mean fighting machine.

That is just bullshit. You said you switched from angstrom to minimal to
'upgrade', well minimal is just a copy of angstrom with some sed
s:angstrom:minimal: applied. And if you look real close at micro you'll
see that the only real differences with angstrom are:

1) different uclibc config
2) more applets in busybox
3) doesn't touch task-base.

And further more, their 'micro-image' is using features of image.bbclass
that were done by angstrom developers for the angstrom distribution, but
in such a way that they were generally applicable.

So, knowing all this, please elaborate on the 'bloat' you are talking
about.

regards,

Koen