[oe] linux-omap3_git.bb doesn't work when copied to user.collection

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Jun 7 09:46:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 07:24 +0400, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've been faced with a problem for the past day, where I'm trying to
> use linux-omap3_git.bb, after it has been copied to my user.collection/
> recipes/linux folder, I set the DEFAULT_PREFERENCE =  "1"
>
> but it gives me a fatal: not a git repository error. I have even
> deleted the entire org.openembedded.dev and synchronize the repository
> as of Sunday, to pull in Steve's latest changes.
>
> What could be causing this?

It seems that bitbake is trying to run "git fetch" without having
previously cloned.  That must mean that either bitbake is under the
erroneous impression that clone has already been run, or that it has
indeed been run but that it failed without bitbake noticing.

Have you tried cleaning out your ${GITDIR}?

p.