[oe] GPE Application Development Questions

NBeing quickx at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 00:49:20 UTC 2009

Denys Dmytriyenko <denis <at> denix.org> writes:

> The whole point of the toolchain/SDK is to be able to build apps
> like "gpe-hello" w/o having OE around, i.e. w/o cross, staging or rootfs.

Ahh I see.  I was able to make a simple bitbake recipe to compile the gpe-hello
app and it works on the board.  I'm still interested in compiling manually
though.

I ran the "bitbake meta-toolchain" recipe and it completed with no errors.  It
generates two files "angstrom-2009.X-test-20090609-armv5te-linux-gnueabi-
toolchain.tar.bz2" and "angstrom-2009.X-test-20090609-armv5te-linux-gnueabi-
toolchain-extras.tar.bz2".  The -extras file seems to be empty.

I extract the non-empty *.tar.bz2 into my "/usr" directory and sourced the
environment-setup file.  All the paths seems to get set correctly, except one.
The "$PKG_CONFIG_PATH" variable gets set to the below:
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/pkgconfig

However, the "pkgconfig" directory in "...gnueabi/usr/lib/" doesn't exists.  In
fact there isn't any relevant *.pc in *.tar.bz2...  Would anyone have run into
this problem before?  I checked the toolchain online and it does have this
folder.

Is there any log files I can supply that would help, or something someone can
suggest I try.  If you issue the following commands you'll probably see the
problem yourself:

Edit local.conf to set "at91sam9261ek", use latest dev branch + set env vars.
bitbake x11-image
bitbake meta-toolchain
Look in the resulting .../sdk/*.tar.bz2 package for the above folder.

Thanks