[oe] How do I modifly kernel config?

Christopher Larson clarson at mvista.com
Thu Jun 11 03:30:31 UTC 2009

Peter Chubb wrote:
> Hi,
>    Is there an easy way to make a recipe that builds a kernel with a
> different .config ?  I know I can copy an entire recipe with my own
> file://defconfig --- but is that the best way to proceed?

FILESPATHBASE =. "${TOPDIR}/files"

Then mkdir -p files/<PN for the kernel recipe>; cp myconfig files/<PN
for the kernel recipe>/defconfig.  or what have you.  file:// uris are
processed via FILESPATH, which is constructed by FILESPATHBASE and
FILESPATHPKG.  The default FILESPATHBASE is the location where the
recipe resides, if that helps explain it.

-Chris