[oe] e2fsprogs-libs failed on latest org.openembedded.dev branch

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Thu Jun 11 12:06:18 UTC 2009

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 21:13 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> > 1. This path apparently mixes path elements defined by two different
> > recipes. I was under impression, that there exists some type of
> > unintended cv_libdir inheritance between these two recipes. Maybe my
> > impression was incorrect, but
>
> There certainly shouldn't be any such inheritance.  If there is, that's
> a bug and we should fix it.
>
> > 2. After applying of this patch, I did not see this error any more.
> > I even tested rebuild from scratch with no error. And finally
>
> I suspect that was probably just coincidence.  This bug seems to be
> somewhat intermittent; I don't know exactly what's causing it, and it's
> never actually happened for me, but (re)building things in a different
> order seems to clear it up.

I can confirm it. It appeared again.

But it really looks like a cross package inheritance:

bitbake -v x11-image
fails

Let's try it separately:

bitbake -v e2fsprogs-libs
fails

Now I do following work-around, which allows me to continue:

bitbake -v util-linux-ng
succeeds

rm -rf tmp/{stamps/*,work/*,deploy/*/pstage/*}/*e2fsprogs-libs*
bitbake -v e2fsprogs-libs
Wow, it successds!

bitbake -v x11-image
It successds as well!