[oe] [Fwd: [poky] Packaged Staging Improvements]

Christopher Larson clarson at mvista.com
Thu Jun 11 16:38:58 UTC 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> On Thursday 11 June 2009 17:12:56 Richard Purdie wrote:
>> Forwarding this as there is problem some interest here too...
>
> Sounds cool, will any of this also fix the deploy-area-out-of-tmpdir
> issue
> which makes packaged staging completely not working for the typical
> usecase of
> removing tmpdir and then expecting packages to be filled up from
> staging area
> on rebuild?

You can use pstage for that use case without moving the entire deploy
area out of tmp, with a minor tweak, at least thats what I do here.
Change the PSTAGE_PKG assignment to ?= in packaged-staging.bbclass,
then set PSTAGE_PKG=${TOPDIR}/prebuilt/${PSTAGE_PKGNAME} or so.
--
Chris Larson
Software Engineer