[oe] Help required to create recipe for FANN library

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Jun 15 17:23:40 UTC 2009

Hi Leon,

On Jun 15, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> Try setting the S variable in the recipe.

I tried this, it didn't work, still gave the same error because the
image folder is empty so there is nothing to install. When I look at
the log files, nothing got configured and nothing got compiled. This
is a strange one!! :-)

ERROR: function do_install failed
ERROR: log data follows (/tool/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/libfann-2.0.0-r01/temp/log.do_install.7946)
| NOTE: make DESTDIR=/tool/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/libfann-2.0.0-r01/image install
| make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed
NOTE: Task failed: /tool/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/libfann-2.0.0-r01/temp/log.do_install.7946
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of /tool/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/libfann/
libfann_2.0.0.bb do_install failed
ERROR: Task 8 (/tool/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/libfann/
libfann_2.0.0.bb, do_install) failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 426 tasks of which 418 didn't need to
be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/tool/overo-oe/user.collection/recipes/libfann/
libfann_2.0.0.bb' failed

Best regards,

Elvis

# libfann-2.0.0 recipie
SECTION = "libs"
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "1"

# Package information
DESCRIPTION = "libfann, Fast Artificial Neural Network Library is a
free open source neural network library, which implements multilayer
artificial neural networks in C with support for both fully connected
and sparsely connected networks."
LICENSE = "BSD"

PN = "libfann"
PV = "2.0.0"