[oe] update-rc.d: don't add runtime dependency if not doing online package management; only add it to ${PN} in any case.

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Wed Jun 17 21:41:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:40:50AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 00:29 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > The problem comes from the fact that either RDEPENDS_{PN}_append = "blah" or
> > RDEPENDS_{PN} += "blah" used in the class overwrite the value set in
> > inheriting recipe, instead of appending to it. The position of the inherit
> > command in the recipe relative to its own RDEPENDS does not matter. And I
> > don't think this issue only applies to RDEPENDS variable...
>
> I've checked in a change to udev-141 that I think should fix this.
> (Other versions didn't seem to be affected.)  Please give that a go and
> see if it works for you now.

Hmm, it works, thanks! I was pretty sure I tried this before I sent out my
email...

Any ideas why RDEPENDS_{PN} in "udev" recipe works, but RDEPENDS_udev doesn't?
It only happens with inherit update-rc.d.bbclass, which also changes
RDEPENDS_{PN}... I have the same issue with my own recipes, which I need to
fix similarly.

--
Denys