[oe] xmms-tremor source file is no longer available

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:20:13 UTC 2009

I've found this email in my backlog

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> On 27-03-09 12:06, Elena of Valhalla wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Koen Kooi<k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>  wrote:
>>> Why isn't it fetching it from the angstrom source mirror?
>> probably because of a proxy misconfiguration on my side, I'll check that, thanks
> I've heard of people having problems with OE not trying (or succeeding) to use the source mirrors, and I'm curious what the problem is. The SRC_URI usually gets fixed to quickly so people aren't debugging mirroring problems :(

the problem was found out to be a local proxy that returns a web page
with some "user friendly" text instead of a 404: wget is tricked in
downloading it and bitbake doesn't know it should go on trying to
fetch the package from a mirror.

I'm working around this with manual downloads, since it's not
happening very often

I wonder if trying again the download from another source after a
checksum failure would be helpful or just lead to worse problems

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org
email: elena.valhalla at gmail.com