[oe] improved/extended bitbake -c clean ?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 19:48:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not sure if others have the same problem, but sometimes I have the
need to edit in the work dir of a package. Especially if a package
does not function as expected or does not build this can be handy.
Typically what I then do is remove all stamps from compile onwards.

However, it would be convenient if there is a way to tell to bitbake
to remove e.g. the stamp for a step and all later stamps.
E.g. something like bitbake -c clean:compile

What do others feel about this?

Frans.

PS: I cannot implement this myself as I do not speak pythonese, so if
someone wants to give this a stab (assuming we want this) that would
be nice.