[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10. 2 since some idiot deleted 1.10

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 4 07:55:42 UTC 2009

On 03-03-09 23:38, Philip Balister wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2009, 21:49 +0100 schrieb GIT User account:
>>> Module: openembedded.git
>>> Branch: org.openembedded.dev
>>> Commit: eee859a9c348871d6d644ece76bc57b151cc80e8
>>>

>>> Author: Koen Kooi <koen at openembedded.org>
>>> Date: Tue Mar 3 21:47:57 2009 +0100
>>>
>>> angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10.2 since some idiot
>>> deleted 1.10
>>
>> Ah, are we in that mood again? Take more pills.
>
> We need to have a serious discussion about deleting recipes. I know the
> deletion of python 2.5 will force me to address the 2.5->2.6 upgrade in
> gnuradio before the upstream developers are ready.
>
> We need a way to remove recipes, but doing it as part of adding a new
> recipe is causing problems for OE users.

Especially for 'core' recipes like busybox, automake and to a lesser
extent, python.
The last time angstrom changed automake version multiple people had
tested the the change and verified that the produced images worked as
well as before the upgrade. That took some weeks to do. Now someone
forced me (I didn't even look up who deleted 1.10) to used an untested
version without asking or any heads up before the deletion.
Does this mean that I can add glibc 2.9 and delete all other versions?

regards,

Koen