[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10. 2 since some idiot deleted 1.10

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 4 10:54:18 UTC 2009

On 04-03-09 11:21, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 09:59 +0000 schrieb Martyn Welch:
>> "Review" is defined as posting it on the mailing lists and getting positive agreement from two or more core developers.
>
> Let me propose these kinds of patches being promoted in an unstable
> branch rather than via mailing list. This eases testing and playing
> around with the patch.

Patches posted to the mailinglist get more eyes on them.

> Although there were 0 comments (among those none in favour, but also
> none against), I still think that org.oe.{stable,testing(dev),unstable}
> with a strict only-cherry-picking-from-right-to-left-allowed policy
> would improve our workflow and overall stability.

That will just boil down to people only using stable or testing, so
unstable won't get any testing. Which means you get a false sense of
security and get to keep the same breakages we see now.
So no, I won't support such a move.

Why are people so affraid of getting their patches reviewed on the
mailinglist?

regards,

Koen