[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10. 2 since some idiot deleted 1.10

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 4 11:41:43 UTC 2009

On 04-03-09 12:23, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 11:54 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:
>>> Let me propose these kinds of patches being promoted in an unstable
>>> branch rather than via mailing list. This eases testing and playing
>>> around with the patch.
>> Patches posted to the mailinglist get more eyes on them.
>
> More eyes but less actual testing, since it involves patching your
> current tree to be able to see the effects.

The current patch reviews have picked out a lot of potential bugs just
by looking at it, which we would loose by going branch only.

Again, why are people so affraid of posting intrusive patches for review?

>>> Although there were 0 comments (among those none in favour, but also
>>> none against), I still think that org.oe.{stable,testing(dev),unstable}
>>> with a strict only-cherry-picking-from-right-to-left-allowed policy
>>> would improve our workflow and overall stability.
>> That will just boil down to people only using stable or testing
>
> All but those who actually work on the branch -- which sounds like a
> good thing to me, since that's what stable and testing are about.

But noone would be working on it, since they have better things to do
than play guinnea pig. I for one wouldn't be working on it.

Something like userbranches like poky has would be a better idea, people
still get a no-holds-barred playground and when things work properly
they can merge it, maybe asking for advice before merging.

regards,

Koen