[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10. 2 since some idiot deleted 1.10

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Mar 4 15:42:39 UTC 2009

Martyn Welch wrote:
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>>> Patches posted to the mailinglist get more eyes on them.
>>
>> More eyes but less actual testing, since it involves patching your
>> current tree to be able to see the effects.
>>

> But had a patch deleting multiple versions of a core package been posted
> to the mailing list, people would have had a chance to object. In some
> cases the effect that a patch will have can be quite evident enough by
> looking at it, the patch wouldn't necessarily have needed to actually
> have been applied.

I think both approaches have merit. Patches sent to the list get more
exposure, but there are some changes that will benefit from preparing
the change in a branch so it is easier for people to do some tests.

Mickey's suggestion may even work well with patches reviewed on the
list. I need to read his email when I am not trying to get on a plane :)

Philip