[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : angstrom 2009.X: bump automake-native to 1.10. 2 since some idiot deleted 1.10

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Mar 5 15:30:29 UTC 2009

Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> writes:

> On 04-03-09 11:21, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, den 04.03.2009, 09:59 +0000 schrieb Martyn Welch:
>>> "Review" is defined as posting it on the mailing lists and getting positive agreement from two or more core developers.
>>
>> Let me propose these kinds of patches being promoted in an unstable
>> branch rather than via mailing list. This eases testing and playing
>> around with the patch.
>
> Patches posted to the mailinglist get more eyes on them.
>
>> Although there were 0 comments (among those none in favour, but also
>> none against), I still think that org.oe.{stable,testing(dev),unstable}
>> with a strict only-cherry-picking-from-right-to-left-allowed policy
>> would improve our workflow and overall stability.
>
> That will just boil down to people only using stable or testing, so
> unstable won't get any testing. Which means you get a false sense of
> security and get to keep the same breakages we see now.
> So no, I won't support such a move.
>
> Why are people so affraid of getting their patches reviewed on the
> mailinglist?

[...]

I'm on same page as you Koen. I also disagree the idea of having a
branch. A project like OE that takes too long to test some kind of
patches does need a human review before even thinking about pushing a
patch against a core component.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br