[oe] failure on gcc-cross-initial-4.2.4-r5 for i686

Travis Stratman tstratman at emacinc.com
Wed Mar 11 15:36:07 UTC 2009

Thanks Khem.

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:35 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> Hmm looking closely it seems that your cross compiler is from
> i686-linux -> i686-linux which is native configuration and intl
> configury  is then trying to use
> your freshly built CC instead of the BUILD_CC. In short its not really
> thinking if it is cross compiling. I have a x86_64 box thats why it
> worked for me because I am cross'ing from x86_64-linux to i686-linux
> I will give it a shot on x86 box too. Meanwhile can you also define
> TARGET_VENDOR = "something" for your distr and rebuild

I had suspected that it might be something like this. Making this change
fixed the gcc-initial compile problem. Now, it fails on glibc 2.6.1...
something to do with undefined references in libc_pic.os.

I don't have too much time to look into it now, but I'll post more
information later.

Thanks,

Travis