[oe] tinylogin not found

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu Mar 12 02:12:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 03:34:03PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Jader <jader at 2mi.com.br> wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I'm trying to compile minimal-image but I've got a tinylogin error.
> > It seems tinylogin is deprecated, http://tinylogin.busybox.net/
> > redirects to http://bugs.busybox.net/
> >
> > How can I disable it from build?
>
> What distro are you compiling for ?
> try bitbake -g and inspect the dependencies and find out why is it
> being pulled in
> it only shows up explicitly in task-mamona.bb

Khem,

It's being pulled in because of the image.bbclass setting IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER
to tinylogin by default.

> Furthermore tinylogin should be moved to obsoleted packages IMO

I'm not sure if tinylogin is deprecated or it's just a misconfiguration of
their server - udhcp.busybox.net also points to bugs.busybox.net...
And both of the projects are still in the source control, even though they
haven't been touched for years. Most of the functionality been rolled into
BusyBox itself...

Has anybody seen any announcements?

--
Denys