[oe] failure on gcc-cross-initial-4.2.4-r5 for i686

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu Mar 12 02:22:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:28:09PM +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Denys,
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> >
> > i686-linux holds my native packages
> > i686-angstrom-linux holds my target/cross packages, including gcc-cross
> > i686-generic-angstrom-linux holds machine-specific target packages
> >
> Are that your overlay directory names?

Obviously, not. Those are my target and host triplets. Those are the
directories used in work, stamps, staging and pkgdata among other things.

> Then they have nothing to do with the actual problem AFAIK.
>
> It's probably the target triplet name that makes the difference, like
> Khem suggests.

Correct, as Khem suspected and Travis confirmed, not setting TARGET_VENDOR
messes things up by clashing host and target triplets, which confuses the hell
out of the cross-compilation :)
BTW, Angstrom sets it to "-angstrom" by default, as in my case.

--
Denys