[oe] PARALLEL_MAKE

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Fri Mar 13 15:04:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 03:19:17PM +0100, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

>>> A while back you mentioned a program that displayed the per core CPU
>>> utilization. What was it again?
>> Try htop.
>
> On OpenSuSE you just right click on the bottom bar, and add the CPU
> Frequency meter. I added it 8 times, and configured
> for each Virtual CPU in the Core i7.

You are probably talking about some sort of window manager or desktop
environment for X Window - luckily we are talking about Linux and it can mean
pretty much any of the available ones. So, saying things like "right click on
the bar and add something" w/o specifying your environment doesn't mean much...

> It does not give you utilization, only frequency.
> When not used, it is humming along quietly at 1.6 GHz,
> and when used, then it ups the frequency to 2.67 GHz,

I doubt it is the only meter available in your environment. CPU
load/utilization is very common and is available on pretty much any WM/DE.

--
Denys