[oe] [RFC] Fix udev pulling in libvolume-id-dev

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Sat Mar 14 01:08:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 07:57:02PM +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 15-01-09 19:53, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Koen Kooi<k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>
>> wrote:

>>> We don't use the -dev packages to populate staging :) I keep trying to
>>> convince Richard that we should use them, but he keeps coming up with
>>> good
>>> reasons not to do so :)
>>
>> Hmm then why do we generate them ?. We do not need these packages on
>> target unless we switch to
>> native development on target.
>
> SDks and as you say native development (which is getting quite popular with
> the beagleboard folks).

Ok, I'm bringing up this old topic, because as was correctly stated, SKDs use
-dev packages and if we don't fix the symlink pointing to /lib/libvolume.so.0,
it breaks those SDKs. There is also another side-effect - libvolume-id-dev.ipk
misses the automatic dependency on libvolume-id0.ipk so the SDK cannot just
refer to the -dev package and expect the actual library to be installed. In
that case only the broken link gets installed...

So, if nobody objects, I'm going to apply my first patch from this thread
against the udev recipe, fixing .so symlink to be relative.

--
Denys