[oe] How to install ipk files? (An error ocurred, return value: 4)

Viraf Zack virafz at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 20:57:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got rootfs build for arm using OE.

I need to compile my application code against the zzzzzzzzz-devel.ipk file
generated by OE.

Question:
1> How to install .ipk files? Which one to use ipkg, ipkg-cl or opkg? (Note:
Only found ipkg-cl in the staging folder of i686.)

2> Running ipkg-cl give the following error. Am I missing something?

 ~/OE/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/bin/ipkg-cl install
~/OE/build/tmp/deploy/ipk/libtiff3_3.8.2-r0_armv5te.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=libtiff3 (arch_priority=0 flag=16
want=2)
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 4.
Collected errors:
Cannot find package libtiff3.
Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

Thanks,

Viraf