[oe] Cleaning tmp folder

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Wed Mar 18 00:06:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:20:36PM +0000, Shane Dixon wrote:
> I've been digging through the bitbake files and I don't see any recipe
> for cleaning the tmp folder.  I typically just blow away the entire tmp/
> folder and build again, but then I'm spending time rebuilding the native
> packages and crosscompiler.
>
> Is there a bitbake recipe for cleaning out all non-native and
> non-crosscompiler packages from tmp or am I stuck just starting over
> each time?

If you have packaged staging enabled (see INHERIT += "packaged-staging"), you
can try setting DEPLOY_DIR_PSTAGE (or entire DEPLOY_DIR) outside of TMPDIR.

Then you can safely kill TMPDIR and
${DEPLOY_DIR_PSTAGE}/${DISTRO}${PSTAGE_EXTRAPATH} while keeping
${DEPLOY_DIR_PSTAGE}/${DISTRO}${PSTAGE_EXTRAPATH}${TMPDIR//\//-}

That would _reuse_ staging packages for native, cross and sdk packages and
_rebuild_ the target ones.

The above directories in my case are:
[1] /home/oe/deploy/pstage/angstromglibc
[2] /home/oe/deploy/pstage/angstromglibc-home-oe-tmp

Kill the [1] and keep the [2] :)

Hope this helps.

--
Denys