[oe] Cleaning tmp folder

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Wed Mar 18 00:16:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:33:58AM +0100, Andrea Adami wrote:
> This will change hopefully soon. There are plans to redesign the whole tmpdir.
> My first wish is to have pstage out of there, in order to reduce build
> time (I'd keep /tmp in RAM).

Ah, I just replied to the original email, but wanted to follow up with you...

As part of Koen's directory restructuring proposal, I suggested to have
DEPLOY_DIR moved outside of TMPDIR, which was generally accepted (so I guess
I need to prep a patch for review...)

By default, pstage is located inside DEPLOY_DIR, thus once the above change is
done, it would be Ok to kill TMPDIR but still use pstage packages, reducing
the build time.

There maybe some issues though, when packages don't get rebuild even though
there were changes - mostly because PR is not bumped or because one
of *_FEATURES variables got changed...

--
Denys