[oe] RFC: extension of policy on removing recipes

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Mar 19 21:36:42 UTC 2009

Hi,
the latest removal of the automake-native version just hit me today (I
am not building chinook-compat regularly and I am basically the only
person building it at all).

What I found surprising is, that automake 1.10 was deleted although it
was explicitly stated as PREFERRED_VERSION in the chinook-compat.conf. I
was under the impression that we already discussed that if you remove
something that is obviously being used, that patch is posted for RFC first.

?!?!?

Anyway I took the freedom to extend the respective wiki page[0] with
that policy. The text and the policy itself can be discussed.

(If no one answers, say within a week I remove 'DRAFT' from the page and
assume that it is accepted.)

Regards
Robert

[0] - http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Upgrading_Packages