[oe] Dropping qtopia-core-4.3.3.bb and qtopia4core.bbclass

Aloisio Almeida aloisio.almeida at openbossa.org
Fri Mar 20 17:26:53 UTC 2009

Yep,

In the same build that you cross-compile qt4-x11-free, you can compile
native qt-tools (qmake/moc/uic/rcc), just using properly 'platform'
and 'xplatform' configure flags and two different specs.

I already created qt4.bbclass that is based on qt4/qt_*.inc and do all
the required work to build qt. The native qt tools binaries and the
specs are being sent to staging and a new qmake.bbclass are using them
to build qmake based applications.

This new approach avoid the use of the qmake-native and uicmoc-native
recipes and give to oe build system a big vantage: Use the same qmake
to build qt and all qt-based applications.

I'm still testing the new bbclasses to build qt-4.5.0. When I finish,
I'll send the patch to this list for comments.

regards
Aloisio