[oe] [oe-commits] Chris Larson : base.bbclass:

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sun Mar 22 23:10:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz
<marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl> wrote:

> Why those changes were not sent for review to ML? They touched core of
> system so should be sent first. Especially when they broke many recipes
> and added extra work for other developers.
>
> Now we can not use wildcards in SRC_URI which broke many recipes
> (alsa-state for example) which is totally wrong. I hope that fix for it
> is on a way - otherwise I would vote for reverting those changes.

You're welcome to revert them if you like.  I'm fine using my heavily
patched local branch if that's the way you'd prefer it.  FILESDIR was
never intended to stick around this long.  It was a remnant of the way
things were done before FILESPATH was introduced, and the wildcards in
file:// urls were never intended to function, either, that only worked
as a side effect of the way do_unpack was implemented, in shell.

Rest assured, I'll be sure to send every single patch to the list in
the future, even though It's highly unlikely that you would've spotted
the wildcards bug via inspection.
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com