[oe] Problems with current workflow using PatchWork

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Mar 23 08:47:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

Today I went to take a look if there were anything I could help with at
OE side and went to PatchWork to review pending patches and noticed a
cuple of issues.

 - we need to do more review cycles at PatchWork and update the status
   according

   There're applied patches that were not archived and patches that we
   asked for changes that hadn't the status changed to reflect it. This
   way PW loses the main feature that is trackability of patch status.

   Please commiters, when doing a commit please remember to archive the
   patch at PW.

 - merges need to be archived on PW

   I noticed tha the RPM fixes went finally merged into the
   mainline. GREAT! But they were still listed as waiting for
   review. Since Marcin has commit, he did the merge but forgot to
   archive the whole set of patches at PW.

   I suggest we when commiting our own patches take care of archiving
   them at PW to make life easier to everyone.

What others think?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br