[oe] Dropping qtopia-core-4.3.3.bb and qtopia4core.bbclass

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at bolloretelecom.eu
Tue Mar 24 11:56:29 UTC 2009

> In the same build that you cross-compile qt4-x11-free, you can compile
> native qt-tools (qmake/moc/uic/rcc), just using properly 'platform'
> and 'xplatform' configure flags and two different specs.

Absolutely, I have always wondered why this was done separately in OE. Another advantage
of doing this is that you will always have the right "qmake" to go with your headers/libs.

> I already created qt4.bbclass that is based on qt4/qt_*.inc and do all
> the required work to build qt. The native qt tools binaries and the
> specs are being sent to staging and a new qmake.bbclass are using them
> to build qmake based applications.

I would be interested in getting hold of a your qt4.bbclass, even if it's not 100%
finished and working with you on it. Let me know if you are available for a chat on IRC.

Jeremy LAINE
Bolloré telecom | 11bis, rue Scribe | F-75009 Paris