[oe] Package Maintenance

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Mar 24 18:55:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Disadvantage of a Maintainers file is that it is yet another file to
> update when you create a package (adjacent to the checksums file and
> of course the package recipe). Guess it will be forgotten regularly.
>
> Also I fear we're going to end up with a lot of orphaned packages.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have a lot of orphaned
packages today, we just aren't being honest about it.  90% of the
recipes in the tree don't get the attention they should.

At least this way, it's quite clear which get individual attention vs
those that get cursory attention by the entire team.
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com