[oe] Strange name for cross binutils binaries

Martin Dietze di at fh-wedel.de
Wed Mar 25 07:30:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, March 24, 2009, Khem Raj wrote:

> Well nylon distro is using quite old tools and I dont think anybody
> has been using
> gcc 3.3 binutils 2.14 and glibc 2.3.3 combo.
>
> Thats your problem. Now if you can help in testing this distro I can
> certainly put new toolchain in
> but that could mean more changes.

Yes I can. Actually I am in the progress of getting nylon to run
again with the current OE toolchain (after leaving 4G I did not
even have my own cube, but this has changed now).

Now just to simplify things for me, can you give me one or two
more hints - I can't believe that "mipsel-linux-mipsel-ar" is
right, or is it? I.e., is the name under which it is installed
from binutils wrong or does gcc-cross-initial look for it under
the wrong name?

Cheers,

Martin

--